About the Larkspur
The larkspur is part of the buttercup family known as Ranunculaceae. Their flowers are complex in a similar way to orchids with petals and sepals.
Colors include everything from white to blue to violet. There are also other colors, including red and pink among the other species. They go nicely with many other types of summer flowers, including roses, sunflowers, lilies and more.
Some key facts about larkspur include:
- Larkspur flowers, with tall spikes, make excellent cut flowers, particularly Consolida ambigua and Consolida orientalis varieties.
- Larkspur flowers tend to be fragile and relatively short lived in the vase (under 7 days).
- Larkspur flowers grow to their full potential in climates that have cool, moist summers.
- The Larkspur plant is toxic because its stem and seeds contain alkaloids.
- Larkspur look identical to perennial Delphiniums.
Our Larkspur Flower Arrangements
We have a number of summer flower arrangements that feature the larkspur like these beauties:
- Sapphire Miracle offers white larkspur along with blue delphinium and lilies.
- Be Mine features larkspur, carnations, miniature roses and lilies in a uniquely shaped glass vase.
- Hugs is a wicker basket flower arrangement that has been filled with larkspur, chrysanthemums, and sunflowers along with a plush teddy bear.
We offer other special flower arrangements with larkspur or you can work with our floral design team to incorporate this July flower into a custom flower arrangement.
Come in and see what we have in the way of summer flowers or browse our website so you can give them as a gift or enjoy them yourself.