Voted Best Florist In Columbus Ohio
Summer is upon us. Flowerama Columbus and our team of talented floral designers are here to help you make your home feel like Summer with our beautiful seasonal flowers. We are a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm. We have been voted best florist in Columbus Ohio 9 or 10 years in a row and operate 4 flower shops. Those shops are located in Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio. We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country.
Flowers and Plants from Flowerama Columbus can add beauty to any summer patio party!
Hanging Bromeliad Garden
Patio Flowers and Plants
Now more than ever, people are finding ways to enjoy staying home. Having an attractive patio to sit on can brighten the day and make life more pleasant. Plants and flowers add beauty and fragrance. Plus they can attract some of natures lovelier creatures such as butterflies and hummingbirds. Depending on the patio placement offering lots of sun or lots of shade will guide you as you select the proper plants.
- Mandevilla- The Mandevilla blooms throughout the season but it does require a platform such as a trellis. It has attractive blooms that drop leaves during periods of low light. That is why they are perfect for that patio that receives full sun. The plant is easy to care for and can be brought inside for winter when the nighttime temperatures go below 50 degrees.
- Marigolds – This is a very durable flower that requires very little tending to. With bright colors of orange, white and yellow, Marigolds will brighten any patio. Give them full sun in a flower bed or a pot.
- Lavender – Requiring full sun the Lavender plant has beautiful purple spikes and silvery foliage. It makes a wonderful patio edging.
- Fuchsia – If you need a flowering plant for a shady spot, the Fuchsia is what you want. It comes in shades of red, purple, and pink. Also if you are wanting to attract hummingbirds, this is the perfect flower. You should plant it in a container or basket.
- Hydrangea – These are blooming shrubs. Preferring full sun they also enjoy a cooling off in the shade during the hottest days. Hydrangea blooms are among the favorites of flowers that are easy to dry for floral arrangements or wreaths.
- Lobelia – Baskets filled with blue, purple, or white lobelia are striking. The Lobelia bloom best in cooler weather so in the dog days of summer you may need to trim them back for fall.
- Succulents – These are great for sunny hot patios. There are numerous sizes, shapes, and colors and most require very little care. Succulents are cold-hardy and will survive winter. However, you may also bring them indoors and place them on a sunny windowsill.
- Torenia – These pretty purple, pink, or white blooms look best when cascading from pots. They prefer a shady patio and have a slightly grape-like scent.
- Roses – An all time favorite with their beautiful flowers and pleasant fragrance, Roses are a must for every garden patio. They bloom from early summer right up to the first hard freeze!
- Sweet Alyssum – If you want to attract pollinators and enjoy a sweet scent, the Sweet Alyssum is the perfect flower. These have tiny white, pink, or purple flowers and look marvelous flowing over the tops of containers. Needing mostly full sun, they can also survive some shade.
- Caladium – Complete shade lovers the Caladium is a unique plant with red and pink heart-shaped leaves. They make excellent border decoration and can be stored in a cool dark place each winter to be replanted in the spring.
- Angelonia – Heat lovers, the Angelonia is an annual that has small orchid-like flowers in pastel or deep shades. Offering two styles, some Angelonia grow upright while others may cascade from baskets or containers.
- Begonia – Begonias are annuals that come in a great number of sizes, shapes and colors. They are extremely easy to care for. Some like full sun while others prefer the shade.
- Catmint – Another pollinators dream, the Catmint is a very durable perennial. These have gray-green foliage and little purple flowers for most of the summer. Catmint will grow best if planted in the full sun light.
- Cuphea – Needing full sun the Cuphea is a bright orange, red or purple flowering plant. If you enjoy watching hummingbirds then you should consider this plant for your patio.
- Herbs – Many people enjoy the aroma of fresh mint or rosemary. Herbs are easy to grow and come with the benefit of being edible!
Our professional floral designers at Flowerama Columbus know plants and flowers. We will help you select the best of the best to make your outdoor summer beautiful and fragrant!
Lovely Hanging Boston Fern
Flowerama Columbus has a long history of providing the best flowers in Columbus. From our first store opening on June 23, 1990 to our four convenient locations in the Columbus area today located in Columbus, Ohio, Reynoldsburg Ohio, Westerville Ohio and Whitehall Ohio you will receive the best floral products and the most professional service provided.
No matter what your need, our convenient online ordering system available by logging into Floweramacolumbus.com also offers same day delivery of fresh flowers and roses across town and throughout the United States! Orders that are placed on line or over the phone will be processed immediately and filled through the local Flowerama store or through the Teleflora network of fine florists. selection!
Please visit us online or come in to one of our convenient locations. Thank you for reading our blog!