Voted Best Florist In Columbus Ohio
Flowerama Columbus and our team of talented floral designers are here to help you make your home feel like Summer with our beautiful selection of succulents. We are a family owned and operated floral design firm. We have been voted best florist in Columbus Ohio 9 or 10 years in a row and operate 4 flower shops.
Those shops are located in Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio. We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country.
We are a family florist with years of experience and we think we are really good at what we do. We should be, we have been doing it for more than thirty years in Columbus, Ohio. First and foremost we are family. We have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another.
This Labor Day send someone special a beautiful late summer plant from Flowerama Columbus!
Sunny in Columbus
September 7, 2020 is Labor Day. The first state in the union to designate this day as a public holiday was Oregon in 1887. By 1994 it was designated as a federal holiday and thirty states recognized Labor Day. Now it is a traditional holiday recognized by all states. Celebrated the first Monday in September, Labor Day honors the American workers contributions to the development, growth, endurance, strength, security, prosperity, productivity, sustainability, persistence, structure, and well-being of the country.
While bitter sweet as it signifies the end of summer and the start of a new school year, it is celebrated by family picnics, barbecues and trips to the beach. In the fashion industry, Labor Day is considered the last day of the year when it is acceptable to wear white.
There are numerous varieties of late summer blooming plants. The professional floral designers at Flowerama Columbus will help you create a wonderful Labor Day floral gift. Below are late summer time favorites:
- Coral Bells – These plants flourish in gardens and in the wild but also can be added to decorative pots such as the pumpkin planter. This is the perfect time of year to start thinking about the upcoming fall season. Coral Bells come in color varieties of red, white, coral and pink.
- Verbena – Now that temperatures will soon be cooling down, the Verbena is a great late summer and fall plant. Some verbena plants can withstand temperatures as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit. They produce several spectacular colors including brilliant reds to deep dark blues, purples and pinks.
- Oxalis or Shamrock – These plants do well in partial shade to full sun and can be brought inside for the winter. They are a good choice to help fill out a flower pot. The Oxalis displays two basic colors of black and burgundy.
- Ornamental cabbages – These plants make for an unusual display. They produce greens blended with pinks and purples. You can place them in a multitude of containers, metal, shallow baskets, window boxes or rustic garden boxes. Ornamental cabbages continue to survive in colder weather also.
- Sedum – These plants are known to bloom in late summer to early fall making them a perfect Labor Day gift choice. They are very easy to grow in containers and come in the colors of pink and mauve.
- Potted Garden Mums – The potted garden mums are one of the most highly consumed variety of fall plant. They can be brought inside for the winter and then brought back out to the spring sunshine. Mums also come in a variety of beautiful colors including lavender, white, yellow, red and orange.
- Aster – This lovely plant produces stunning blue or purple flowers. Because it can grow to be fairly large you will need a big container. Once they have flowered you cut the stems back and store them for the winter in a greenhouse.
- Pansies – Not preferring the hot summer temperatures, Pansies are great for fall pots. They look great in containers or hanging pots.
- Black-eyed Susans – Also known as the Daisy, these can be grown in the garden or in flower pots. They will continue to bloom until late fall making them a great choice for a Labor Day gift. Of course Daisies are yellow.
- Coneflower – These work well in containers and bloom until late fall like Daisies. In the really cold winter months they have to be moved indoors.
Flowerama Columbus has a tremendous variety of plants and flowers to choose from. Let one of our talented floral designers assist you!
Garden Mum in Silo Planter
So make your Labor Day Flower or Gift selection from Flowerama Columbus. In the words of the owner “Perhaps the thing we are most proud of is our people. There are many who have worked for us for more than a decade, and one that has been with us since our first year of operation”. With an experienced, professional staff that has a passion for what they do, you can trust that the end product will be top notch. Flowerama offers four great retail locations you may visit which are Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall. Of course if you prefer the convenience of shopping online please visit Floweramacolumbus.com. Orders that are placed on line or over the phone will be processed immediately and filled through the local Flowerama store or through the Teleflora network of fine florists.
Thank you for reading our blog!