We Operate 4 Flower Shops In The Columbus Ohio Area and offer Same Day Flower Delivery
Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio
Flowerama Columbus has grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. We have been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years.
Our company is a locally owned and operated florist with four flower shop locations in the greater Columbus, OH area. We offer the best selection of farm fresh flowers, plants and gifts in town. Choose from local same-day or express flower delivery service. Flowerama Columbus has been voted “Best Florist in Columbus” on numerous occasions. Most recently in 2018
We operate four floral design centers in the area, including flower shops in Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall. Our company is family owned and operated by the Ozment family. They live in the greater Columbus area. If you visit any of our floral design centers, you are likely to meet some of the members of the Ozment family. Many of them work in the flower shops. We focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation. With four locations in central Ohio we are one of the premier florists in our region.
There are so many occasions and reasons why sending flowers is the appropriate gesture and each occasion often calls for a unique floral arrangement or gift. Flowerama Columbus has a wide variety of products. Each one specially designed to show thoughtfulness and caring.
Honor the International Day of Peace with floral products from Flowerama Columbus!
Beautiful peace lily in wicker pot
International Day of Peace
How great it would be to live in a world free from war and violence. Unfortunately about as far back as one looks, war has been a part of every civilization. In 1981 the International Day of Peace was created by the United Nations General Assembly. Then about twenty years later the General Assembly voted to designate this day as a time of world wide peace. Their goal was to have a time of cease – fire. All nations are invited to participate in this observance.
In 2013 the Secretary – General of the United Nations dedicated International Day of Peace as a day to focus on world peace. The awareness this day creates for peace is solely devoted to the hope that the occurrence of war can be reduced. It is observed annually on September 21.
Each year the the Peace Bell of the United Nations is rung in New York City. This is the UN official headquarters. Amazingly the bell is made from coins that were donated from children across the globe in numerous continents. An inscription on the bell reads “Long live absolute world peace”. The United Nations Association of Japan dedicated the bell as a gift and as symbol of the cost of human life caused by war.
Now with all people around the globe sharing the common enemy, Covid 19, coming together as a unified species to defeat a silent killer is more important than ever. International Day of Peace is the perfect day to put aside all differences and ponder what is important to man kind. In many parts of the world people are struggling with violence and harshness that is unspeakable. The unification brought about by the International Day of Peace can be a catalyst to the slowing of war and indifference.
There are several ways to recognize International Day of Peace.
- Competition – No better way to display peace and respect than by creating a friendly sporting event. When teams compete against each other in a friendly game of some type, a good deal of fair play, camaraderie and peace can be created.
- Team-Building Activities – Many companies host sales and team building sessions on a routine basis. Why not create one that has a theme of global peace or at least peace in the office. This is great way to bring people together and and have them let down their defense mechanisms for some friendly non threatening enjoyment.
- Poster for Peace – Did you know there is an official poster of peace? Yes the United Nations publishes the International Day of Peace Poster. If you are a school teacher or Sunday school teacher you can print the poster and use it as a discussion topic. What a great way to increase awareness.
- Talk with Children – Teaching children the meaning of peace is critical to the future. As adult role models, parents, teachers, coaches and other older people have an obligation to help children grasp the meaning of a peaceful society and an appreciation for International Day of Peace. Since children are our future, educating them about peaceful relations can bring about positive change in the world.
- Moment of Silence – As with many solemn occasions, International Day of Peace offers the opportunity for everyone around the globe to stop at noon for their region and be silent for one full minute. How you choose to spend that moment of silence is up to each individual. Some meditate, others pray for those that have given their lives in war and still others simply find joy in sharing the honor of such a day.
A good way to get these events started is to surprise everyone with a delicious food basket from Flowerama Columbus.
Flowerama Columbus is a family business with the utmost of character. The really cool thing is it is more than just our family. We have one family that has two generations of family members who make this place their home. There are families who have worked with us so long their extended family members sacrifice their hard-earned vacation time to work in our little flower shop the two busiest floral weeks out of the year. In most cases they claim they have to because they say they married one of our store managers.
Whatever the reason for their dedication their sacrifice makes the difference in our success. We have grandparents and siblings offer to baby sit next generation team members just so we can pull off a holiday. We have friends of employees take time off of work to help out at holidays, many times only excepting payment in flowers.
When we think about it, when we put this to paper, it really is extremely humbling what others are willing to do for a shared success. This is not an about us as owners, but more of an about us as a group of people that have formed a great big family that make this little flower shop successful. In fact, this might be more of a thank you than an about us.
If you are looking for the freshest and best quality flowers, please visit Flowerama Columbus online or via telephone. We would be honored to serve you!