We Operate 4 Flower Shops In The Columbus Ohio Area
Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio
Flowerama Columbus is a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm. We have been voted best florist in Columbus Ohio 10 years in a row and operate 4 flower shops. Those shops are located in Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio.
Honor “National Breast Cancer Awareness Month” with flowers from Flowerama Columbus!
Bee Well Bouquet
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month recognized world wide in October, is a special time designed to bring awareness to this horrific illness. It is a time to emphasis the critical importance of early detection. Every year some studies reflect a staggering 458,000 women die from Breast Cancer and 1.38 Million new cases occur world wide. This disease is not just isolated to only under developed countries but it is indiscriminate and effects developed countries as well.
Breast Cancer is largely a female disease. Each year in the United States alone there are more than 245,000 women that are diagnosed. Sadly over 40,000 women actually die from the disease each year. This disease also occurs in males at much lower rate of 1% of the male population. While most of those diagnosed with the illness are women at the age of 50 or older, there is a smaller number of younger women also diagnosed each year. That number is estimated to be 10% of the total which effects women under the age of 45. Breast Cancer is relentless and steals the health of so many in the world.
While the statistics are alarming, there is a some positive news to report. Breast Cancer cases had an increase of 4% during the period from 1975 through 1989. The good news is that due to women becoming increasing proactive about early screening and advances in modern medicine, cases of Breast Cancer diagnosis has decreased by 39%. More positive news is that studies reflect that nearly 322,600 breast cancer deaths have been prevented through 2015.
With continued emphasis on preventive screening and advances in medicine, hopefully these positive trends will continue to drastically reduce the loss of life. The World Health Organization (WHO) promotes numerous programs that are dedicated to the national cancer control and awareness. They try to help countries that have lower incomes provide better education about the importance of early detection. Many of these countries are not wealthy enough to afford expensive Mammography equipment. It is therefore so critical that women in these countries are able to self detect early signs of breast cancer and then seek out the help of a trainer physician.
There are several ways you can get involved also to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- You can proudly wear a pink ribbon everyday during October. And give pink ribbons to others to wear.
- Some women like to bedazzle bras they have collected and auction them off at a fundraising event.
- Maybe you could invite family and friends to a fashion show you organized. All pink clothing and outrageous hats and accessories. Share facts about Breast Cancer during the event.
- Have a contest featuring Pink Pumpkins asking people to drop money in a collection jar next to their favorite pumpkin.
- If your office will allow it, perhaps organize a lunch and learn with a guest speaker to talk about early detection, preventative measures and recovery etc.
- Walks and runs are always popular. Create some spirit within you office comrades.
- Perhaps just share educational facts from expert organizations like the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. and the American Cancer Society. Some of their statistics are truly eye opening.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer for women worldwide
- 1 in 8 women receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- On average, every 2 minutes a female is diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes
- Alcohol use increases the risk of breast cancer
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the U.S. today
- An estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 in 1,000 men will receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast cancer occurrence and death rates generally increase with age
- Only 5-10% of individuals diagnosed have a family history of breast cancer
Our professional and skilled floral designers at Flowerama Columbus would be honored to help you find a beautiful flower arrangement for someone you know that has been affected by Breast Cancer.
Get Well Bear Hug
Flowerama Columbus has been voted the best florist in Columbus, we focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation. With four locations in central Ohio Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall we have grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. Locally, Flowerama Columbus has been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years. a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm.
We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country. Today we have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another. Now this is not always the case, because some of our youngest generation travels off to college from time to time, but they often help out if only at the holidays. Flowerama Columbus offers four great locations where you can shop. However, if you prefer online shopping, we have made a large investment in our computer system allowing you the a user friendly environment to browse our products and then have them shipped any where in the country.
Thank you for reading our blog! We would be honored to serve you in the preparation of a magnificent flower arrangement for someone special during Breast Cancer Awareness Month!