We Operate 4 Flower Shops In The Columbus Ohio Area and offer Same Day Flower Delivery
Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio
Flowerama Columbus has been voted the best florist in Columbus, we focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation. With four locations in central Ohio Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall we have grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. Locally, Flowerama Columbus has been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years. a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm.
We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country. Today we have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another. Now this is not always the case, because some of our youngest generation travels off to college from time to time, but they often help out if only at the holidays. Flowerama Columbus offers four great locations where you can shop. However, if you prefer online shopping, we have made a large investment in our computer system allowing you the a user friendly environment to browse our products and then have them shipped any where in the country.
Shop our “Fall Splendor” flower assortment at Flowerama Columbus !
Fall Festivities in Columbus
Flowerama has a great selection of fresh flower arrangements specifically created with the Autumn season in mind. We offer same day delivery as well as express delivery options, four locations, award winning service, and the freshest flowers; we are the best flower shop regardless of the season. What is Fall in central Ohio? Ohio State football games, tailgating, bonfires, corn stalks and straw bales, crisp air and crunchy leaves, and of course fresh flowers delivered by Flowerama Columbus.
So that your flowers stay fresh and have an extended life during all of your many favorite fall activities, below are some tips from The Society of American Florists. A little extra care can make a big difference for any size flower arrangement or fresh flower bouquet. Most floral arrangements last 4-7 days or longer, depending on the flowers used and the care they receive.
For floral arrangements:
- Keep the vase filled (or floral foam soaked) with water containing a flower food provided by your florist. Flower foods make flowers last longer but it is important to follow the mixing directions on the flower food packet. Most packets are to be mixed with either a pint or a quart of water. Flower foods should not be diluted with more water than is specified on the packet.
- If the flower food solution becomes cloudy, replace it entirely with properly mixed flower food solution. If possible, re-cut stems by removing one to two inches with a sharp knife. Be sure to use a sharp knife or clippers that will not crush the stems. Immediately place the stems into solution.
- Keep flowers in a cool spot (65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit), away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, directly under ceiling fans, or on top of televisions or radiators. (Appliances like televisions give off heat, which causes flowers to dehydrate.) Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
For loose bunches or boxed flowers:
- Keep your flowers in a cool place until you can get them in a flower food solution. Don’t forget how important it is to follow the mixing directions on the flower food packet.
- Fill a clean (washed with a detergent or antibacterial cleaning solution), deep vase with water and add a flower food from your florist.
- Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial microbial growth that may limit water uptake by the flower.
- Re-cut stems by removing one to two inches with a sharp knife. Place the flowers in the vase solution you’ve prepared.
- If you purchase loose flowers for your own arrangements you should also consider these tips:
- When selecting flowers, look for flowers with upright, firm petals and buds beginning to open. Yellow, spotted or drooping leaves are signs of age.
- When using woody stems and branches (such as quince, forsythia or lilac), cut the stem with sharp pruning shears. Place them in warm water containing fresh flower food to promote flower opening.
Flowerama Columbus offers a stunning selection of “Fall Splendor” flower arrangements.
Pop of Harvest Color Cube
Flowerama Columbus has a long history of providing the best flowers in Columbus. From our first store opening on June 23, 1990 to our four convenient locations in the Columbus area today located in Columbus, Ohio, Reynoldsburg Ohio, Westerville Ohio and Whitehall Ohio you will receive the best floral products and the most professional service provided. No matter what your need, our convenient online ordering system available by logging into Floweramacolumbus.com also offers same day delivery of fresh flowers and roses across town and throughout the United States! Orders that are placed on line or over the phone will be processed immediately and filled through the local Flowerama store or through the Teleflora network of fine florists.
Please let us assist you with a lovely bouquet or arrangement of fall flowers to add sweet meaning to all of your Fall festivities. Thank you as always for reading our blog and we would be honored to earn your business!