We Operate 4 Flower Shops In The Columbus Ohio Area and offer Same Day Flower Delivery
Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio
When you are in need of express or same day delivery of flowers, Flowerama Columbus is the best company to help you. We are a locally owned and operated florist with four flower shop locations in the greater Columbus, OH area. We offer the best selection of farm fresh flowers, plants and gifts in town. Choose from local same-day or express flower delivery service. Flowerama Columbus has been voted “Best Florist in Columbus” on numerous occasions. Most recently in 2018.
Make your home Halloween festive with floral products from Flowerama Columbus!
Halloween games, traditions and covid safe activities
One older traditional game for children is bobbing for apples. The Scots call it “dooking” but the theme is the same. Apples are placed in a large tub of water. As they are floating children take turns trying to grab the apples with their teeth. Another method is to hold a fork between the teeth while kneeling on a chair and try to stab the apple. Still another old tradition was to hang syrup coated scones from strings and have the children try to eat the scone without using their hands to touch it. These date back for centuries but not as popular as they once were.
In Ireland and Britain, a long standing Halloween tradition was to predict the future partner or spouse of someone. This was done by peeling an apple in one single strip. Once complete the apple peeling was thrown over the shoulder. It was expected that when the peeling fell to the ground it would spell the first letter of the name of someone’s future spouse.
Another old tradition in that part of the world was to roast hazelnuts on an open fire. The person roasting would name one hazelnut for themselves and one for the person they wanted to be with. If the hazelnuts jumped away from the heat it was a bad sign that they should not be together. If the hazelnuts roasted quietly together it was good sign that the two people were meant for each other.
Modern day games are creative and fun for children and adults. Plus some may be safe for smaller groups depending on CDC guidelines. Some fun games are:
- Witches’ Hat Toss – Most people love ring toss. In this game you can use witches hats instead of rings.
- Spider Web Walking Game – A web is created using painters tape on the floor. Kids have to stay on the web and collect prizes left at various spots.
- Do It Yourself Halloween Bubbles – Let kids chase bubbles and bring them as party gifts instead of candy.
- Halloween Bowling Game – Decorate empty tin cans like Halloween ghosts and ghouls. Then kids can roll balls to knock them down
There are numerous other games for Halloween. In order to provide a guideline for activities that are safe and those that are strongly advised against, the CDC has published a specific list:
These lower risk activities can be safe alternatives:
- Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household and displaying them
- Carving or decorating pumpkins outside, at a safe distance, with neighbors or friends
- Decorating your house, apartment, or living space
- Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors from house to house admiring Halloween decorations at a distance
- Having a virtual Halloween costume contest
- Having a Halloween movie night with people you live with
- Having a scavenger hunt-style trick-or-treat search with your household members in or around your home rather than going house to house
Avoid these higher risk activities to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19:
- Participating in traditional trick-or-treating where treats are handed to children who go door to door
- Having trunk-or-treat where treats are handed out from trunks of cars lined up in large parking lots
- Attending crowded costume parties held indoors
- Going to an indoor haunted house where people may be crowded together and screaming
- Going on hayrides or tractor rides with people who are not in your household
- Using alcohol or drugs which can cloud judgement and increase risky behaviors
- Traveling to a rural fall festival that is not in your community if you live in an area with community spread of COVID-19
Our team at Flowerama Columbus has created a fun, colorful and festive collection of Halloween floral products to help make this a great Halloween.
Flowerama Columbus has been voted the best florist in Columbus, we focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation. With four locations in central Ohio Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall we have grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. Locally, Flowerama Columbus has been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years. a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm.
We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country. Today we have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another.
Now this is not always the case, because some of our youngest generation travels off to college from time to time, but they often help out if only at the holidays. Flowerama Columbus offers four great locations where you can shop. However, if you prefer online shopping, we have made a large investment in our computer system allowing you the a user friendly environment to browse our products and then have them shipped any where in the country.
Thank you for reading our blog! We would be honored to serve you in the preparation of a magnificent flower arrangement for Halloween!