Best Roses in Columbus, Ohio
Floweramacolumbus.com and our four convenient locations offer same day delivery of fresh flowers and roses across town and throughout the United States! Orders that are placed online or over the phone will be processed immediately and filled through the local Flowerama store or through the Teleflora network of fine florists.
We purchase many of the roses we sell direct from domestic and international flower farms. The most popular roses we sell are the Ecuadorian roses. These premium roses have longer stems and gorgeous large blooms. They are grown high in the mountains of Ecuador. Roses are a beautiful flower that symbolizes so many feelings like love, affection, and friendship.
We have a rose collection at all of our Columbus flower shops and through our website like these beautiful floral displays that are ideal for decorating, events, and special gifts:
Traditional Dozen Roses Arranged
This arrangement offers one dozen long-stem Ecuadorian roses accented with Italian Ruscus in a cylinder glass vase. You can also upgrade this bouquet with baby’s breath or stargazer lilies.
Dozen Lush Lavender Roses
12 lavender and purple roses are combined with spiral eucalyptus for a spectacular floral display.
Blossoms In Vogue
This luxurious flower arrangement is an incredible example of how roses work well with other flowers. This bouquet offers green hydrangea, hot pink and bi-color roses, hot pink and yellow spray roses, and greenery arranged in a wide cylinder vase that’s been elegantly lined with leaves.
This bouquet combines pink lilies and lush white roses for an elegant look.
Same Day Delivery of lovely Valentines Flowers can be found at Flowerama Columbus!
Kiss From a Rose
Valentine’s Day 2021
This year will be the first time that the holiday has been celebrated during a full on pandemic. People have learned how to cope with the virus and the vast majority practice the safe guards that are made readily available. Still we have to find time and alternative ways to not let the sweet moments in life pass us by. Valentine’s Day for example is one of those special holidays that makes hearts flutter and people smile.
So what is some of the history surrounding this romantic day. According to legend, Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14th because in 269 AD on this day, Saint Valentine died. Saint Valentine was said to have gone against the laws of the Roman courts by performing marriages for soldiers and helping persecuted Christians. He was then imprisoned and sentenced to execution. Before his sentence was carried out he cured the blindness of a woman named Julia. She was the daughter of his jailer. He also wrote her a letter before his sentence was carried out and signed it “Your Valentine”.
According to the English historian, John Fox, Saint Valentine was buried in the Church of Praxedes in Rome. It is thought, according to legend, that Julia herself planted a pink-blossomed almond tree near his grave. That tree remains a symbol of their devotion, love and friendship.
It is thought that Saint Valentine wore a purple amethyst ring. This ring was commonly worn by Christian Bishops. It had the image of Cupid carved on it which as we know is a symbol today of love. In those times it was associated with love that was legal in the Roman Empire. Due to the association of the ring and Saint Valentine, the amethyst is the birthstone of February and is thought to attract love.
Under the influence of Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century, Valentine’s Day became associated with romantic love. In England by the 18th-century, it was common for people in love to gift flowers, candy and cards to each other. All of these were expressions of love and devotion. As we know, the most common symbols of love on Valentine’s Day include heart shapes, doves or the figure of the flying Cupid. Handwritten notes expressing one’s love and devotion have become popular as well as greeting cards.
There is not a better time to embrace “Home is where the heart is” than this year’s Valentine’s Day. No need to leave the comfort of your own home unless you want to. With restaurants, bars and other venues scaled back for attendance, there are plenty of ways you can have a romantic and memorable evening by staying home.
- Cook – Does your sweetheart have a favorite meal? You can research recipes and give it a try. Whether your creation is delectable or not, the thought you put into trying to create a wonderful meal will no doubt score romantic points.
- Create a Relaxing Environment – Light candles and draw a bubble bath for your special someone. You can pamper one another and let the pressures of everyday life drift away.
- Dance – Bring back that fun feeling when you and your sweetheart twirled around the dance floor. You can move some furniture and put on your favorite tunes. There are also plenty of online classes if you want to learn a new dance.
- Watch Movies – Whether you both choose to watch romantic, scary or action flicks, spending time snuggled up will make for a wonderful Valentine’s Day. If movies do not work for you then perhaps browsing through old photo albums that bring back sweet memories will.
- Picnic – Check the weather forecast as after all it is winter but if it looks nice plan an outdoor picnic in your backyard. Work hard to get the setting just right and then take your sweetheart by the hand and lead them to your backyard picnic paradise.
- Play Games – If you and your sweetheart are board game or card aficionados, set up some games. Maybe you like something like a scavenger hunt and the prize might be a romantic bouquet of flowers from Flowerama Columbus!
Staying home is a personal decision and not for everyone. If you decide to go out on the town for Valentine’s Day, using sound CDC guidelines will reduce your risk of becoming ill. Below are the risk factors for various activities:
- Lowest Risk: Food service limited to drive-through, delivery, take-out, and curb-side pick up.
- More Risk: Drive-through, delivery, take-out, and curb-side pick up emphasized. On-site dining limited to outdoor seating. Seating capacity reduced to allow tables to be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Higher Risk: On-site dining with indoor seating capacity reduced to allow tables to be spaced at least 6 feet apart. And/or on-site dining with outdoor seating, but tables not spaced at least six feet apart.
- Highest Risk: On-site dining with indoor seating. Seating capacity not reduced and tables not spaced at least 6 feet apart.
Flowerama Columbus has beautiful Roses, Bouquets and Gifts to help make your Valentine’s Day spectacular!
Two Dozen Roses
Flowerama Columbus has been voted the best florist in Columbus, we focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation. With four locations in central Ohio Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall we have grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. Locally, Flowerama Columbus has been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years. a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm.
We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country. Today we have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another. Now this is not always the case, because some of our youngest generation travels off to college from time to time, but they often help out if only at the holidays. Flowerama Columbus offers four great locations where you can shop. However, if you prefer online shopping, we have made a large investment in our computer system allowing you the a user friendly environment to browse our products and then have them shipped any where in the country.
Thank you for reading our blog. Please visit Flowerama Columbus and allow us the opportunity to serve your floral product needs. Our Valentine’s Day selections are spectacular.