Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio
Flowerama Columbus has beautiful floral designs to give someone special on International Women’s Day March 8th!
March 8, 2021 is International Women’s Day. Flowerama Columbus has gorgeous flower arrangements to honor a special woman or women’s group on this day. When you look back in history, it is remarkable how far Women’s equality has come. Women now hold powerful and influential positions within our society. This was not always the case.
The first International Women’s Day was held in the United States in 1909. Then the day began to gain popularity in other countries and by 1911 it was observed in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. In honor of this in 2011 there was a 100 year anniversary to celebrate.
So here it is 2021 and the world is a changed place in so many ways. One way is that women now have gained momentum in terms of job equality and opportunity. That is not to say there is not still room for improvement but much progress has been and in a century. You now find women in numerous high level roles within the public and private sector. Women now can be found in many boardrooms.
In order to honor the meaning of International Women’s Day, a beautiful flower arrangement from Flowerama Columbus will go along way to boost a woman’s spirits, Then to carry on that effort, below are some things we can do in our everyday life to create a positive environment.
- Boost self-esteem – Common sense to make a person feel like they are special and have great ideas and abilities. If you have a daughter what better reason than to boost her self esteem. Encourage individuality and to explore academically.
- Eliminate negativity – Tough to be a women with all the pressure from beauty ads and social media. Help to cut through all of that and promote the positive aspects of intelligence and honesty.
- Lead by example – People who have experienced success in their careers owe it to younger workers to be a good role model. Young women starting out will look up to positive role models and want to emulate that successful behavior. You may become their mentor and career buddy as some companies like to create.
- Support businesses – Small businesses are vital to our community. Women run small businesses can use the extra support by way of investment, donations, or simply doing business with them.
- Show your appreciation – This one is fairly obvious. Think about all of the wonderful things the women in your life do to contribute to society. Show the women in your life how much you appreciate them by sending a thank you card, giving them a compliment, or simply telling them what they mean to you.
So there are many ways to help women thrive in the world and to show appreciation. Sending a lovely flower arrangement from Flowerama Columbus is one sure fire way to get their attention!
Jenny M Elevated
About Flowerama Columbus
Flowerama Columbus was voted Best Florist In Columbus Ohio for numerous years. We have a team of super stars that are top industry floral designers. Any special occasion will be enhanced by our team of talented floral designers that will with our beautiful selection of flowers. We are a family owned and operated floral design firm.
Those shops are located in Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio. We opened our first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country.
We are a family florist with years of experience and we think we are really good at what we do. We should be, we have been doing it for more than thirty years in Columbus, Ohio. First and foremost we are family. We have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives. In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another.
Our company carefully addresses every aspect of providing great service to our customers. For example we have perfected delivery service.
- IN DRIVEWAY DELIVERY CONFIRMATION: Our drivers will call you shortly after your gift has arrived safely to its destination. The driver can tell you what time your gift was delivered or who it was left with, a service FedEx doesn’t even offer. Not everyone will receive a call at major floral holidays due to the high demands put on our personnel during these times. Of course you must provide a working phone number for this service to work.
- NON-SPILL TRAVEL BOX: A Flowerama Columbus exclusive. We have custom designed a box to make it easy for you to transport your gift. Transporting flowers can be a lot like trying to transport an upside down bowling pin, only the bowling pin is filled with water and is made of glass. We designed our non-spill travel box so that the average person, under normal driving conditions, can get their flowers home without the flowers falling over. You can’t get this box from any other florist in Columbus and it is free with most flower deliveries. We are so confident in our box we use it to transport the flowers to you.
- E-MAIL CONFIRMATION: We offer e-mail confirmation of your delivery. When our driver returns from his deliveries we will send you an e-mail letting you know that your delivery has been made. This service requires that you provide us with an accurate e-mail address.
- SUNDAY DELIVERY TO FUNERAL HOMES: Many traditional flower shops in Columbus aren’t even open on Sunday. Not only are we open on Sunday we deliver to all the funeral homes in our delivery area. We believe the best way to insure your flowers arrive as fresh as possible is to deliver them on the day they are needed.
- FROM OUR DOOR TO YOURS: Your gift never leaves our hands until it is in yours. Our delivery drivers actually deliver your gift from our door to yours. Seems obvious doesn’t it. Well it’s not. Many flower shops in Columbus are in a “Delivery Pool”. This means that the flower shops “pool” or “share” their resources, specifically their delivery drivers and delivery vehicles. They meet every day at a specific location at a specific time then they exchange deliveries with each other. The responsibility of actually delivering your important gift may get passed from one van to another. This saves them time and money; however the flower shop you ordered from has no idea how, or when or who delivered your gift. We believe your gift is far to important to allow someone else to deliver it.
Celebration Just Because
Thank you for reading our blog. On this International Women’s Day we would be honored to help you select a flower arrangement.