National Smile Week is the 2nd week in August. Making people smile is something the professionals at Flowerama Columbus have been doing for many years. So on this upcoming National Smile Week, visit Flowerama Columbus online or in person and order a flower arrangement for same day delivery that will put a smile on the most frowny face.
Judging by its name, National Smile Week, one might logically surmise this week is designated to show off those pearly whites and express the importance of good dental hygiene. Well you would be right as this was the original intent and still is an important aspect. However, now National Smile Week is also valued as a week to focus on the benefits of smiling as it relates to interpersonal relationships and over all well being.
So use all 44 facial muscles and thousands of expressions to feel happier. Studies show that smiling increases happiness which helps the breathing and the heart. It is also true that flowers from Flowerama Columbus make people happier!
Smiles are infectious and below are some of the things that have been discovered through various studies on the effects of smiling:
- Everyone experiences rough days no matter what your job or daily task may involve. Not surprising, the power of putting a smile on your face can change your entire outlook. Keep that smile going and remind yourself that you can handle the task at hand. That beautiful smile will carry you through.
- You may be so focused or frustrated by something that you are frowning and do not even realize it. Then all of the sudden you see someone smiling at you. It is hard to not smile back. And smiles are contagious. The more people you smile at the more people may just have a more positive outlook and pass along that warm smile to others. Life is a struggle often times and your smile can be the shining beacon of hope for someone with deep despair.
- If you do not think about smiling as an everyday activity, perhaps when you have time you can write down a list of anything that makes you smile. Put that list on the refrigerator or some other prominent place where you will notice it every day. Nothing better than a constant reminder of the good things in life that make you happy and smile.
- Here is a fun activity sure to make you laugh. Make it a contest for your children to smile. Kids love to be happy and smile and most would love the challenge.
- You probably want to be considered a positive role model at work or home. Most people perceive a person who smiles a lot as someone who is approachable and creates positive vibes for others.
- Of course if you are single and looking, it is pretty much a sure bet that you will have better luck finding someone special if you are smiling more that frowning.
- Bottom line is that laughter is good medicine. Spread around the smiles to people you are close to or even people you encounter walking down the sidewalk. Of course now with all the mask wearing it is harder to see smiles but people also smile with their eyes so be observant.
One sure way to make someone “grin from ear to ear” is to give them a wonderful Flowerama Columbus flower bouquet! Below are some ideas our Floral Designers have created.
Sunny Sunbury – Brighten up a table with this beautiful sunflower arrangement. Bold sunflowers are arranged in a glass cylinder accented with bupleurum and salal tips. This colorful arrangement was inspired by the town of Sunbury.
Fiery Fascination – Who would not be smiling when they see this coming? Fiery Fascination is the perfect bright, bold and statement making design for any special occasion! Orange lilies, hot pink roses, purple statice, daisies and berries are designed in a clear glass cylinder.
When you shop with Flowerama Columbus you are shopping for the best floral products in Columbus, Ohio. We purchase Farm-Direct, which ensures our customers enjoy the freshest, highest quality flowers available. Looking for something unique? How about some stunning orchids or a dazzling arrangement of fresh tulips from Holland. Shop online, or stop by any of our four store locations. We have flower shops in Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall.
Flowerama Columbus is a proud family run business. We have two generations of family members who have worked in this company. There are families who have worked with us so long their extended family members sacrifice their hard-earned vacation time to work in our little flower shop the two busiest floral weeks out of the year. A very dedicated family.
We look forward to serving you in person at one of our four Flowerama Columbus flowers and gift shops again located in Columbus, Ohio | Reynoldsburg Ohio | Westerville Ohio | Whitehall Ohio. If you prefer the convenience of online shopping, we invite you to login to our convenient and user friendly online store where you will find a large selection of Flowerama flowers and gifts.
6311 E Main Street
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068