October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This terrible illness claims the lives of approximately 42,000 women each year with 255,000 being diagnosed in the United States. It is not exclusive to women as about 1% of every breast cancer diagnosis happens in men.
The professional Floral Designers at Flowerama Columbus have taken great care in producing memorable and respectful flower arrangements to honor patients suffering from this disease. If you have a loved one or friend suffering from Breast Cancer, October is a wonderful month to show respect and kindness by giving them a loving flower arrangement from Flowerama Columbus.
In addition to sending beautiful and caring Flowerama Columbus bouquets or arrangements, below are some addition ways to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- You may proudly wear a pink ribbon everyday during October. And give pink ribbons to others to wear.
- Some women like to bedazzle bras they have collected and auction them off at a fundraising event.
- Perhaps you could invite family and friends to a fashion show you organized. All pink clothing and outrageous hats and accessories. Share facts about Breast Cancer during the event.
- Have a contest featuring Pink Pumpkins asking people to drop money in a collection jar next to their favorite pumpkin.
- If your office will allow it, perhaps organize a lunch and learn with a guest speaker to talk about early detection, preventative measures and recovery etc.
- Walks and runs are always popular. Create some spirit within you office comrades.
- Perhaps just share educational facts from expert organizations like the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. and the American Cancer Society. Some of their statistics are truly eye opening.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer for women worldwide
- 1 in 8 women receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- On average, every 2 minutes a female is diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes
- Alcohol use increases the risk of breast cancer
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the U.S. today
- An estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 in 1,000 men will receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast cancer occurrence and death rates generally increase with age
- Only 5-10% of individuals diagnosed have a family history of breast cancer
Our professional and skilled floral designers at Flowerama Columbus would be honored to help you find a beautiful flower arrangement for someone you know that has been affected by Breast Cancer.
Powell Florist – Same Day Flower Delivery to Powell
Powell Ohio Florist
Luxurious Upscale Flowers, Plants and Gifts
Flowerama offer same day delivery of fresh flowers, roses, planters, Cheryl’s Cookies, and other flower arrangements to Powell every day of the week including Sunday. We are a locally owned florist, owned and operated by the Ozment family, with four locations around Powell. Flowerama also offers same-day express flower delivery to Powell. Order flowers online, visit one of our flower shops, use our mobile site or call, either way your satisfaction is guaranteed. “Sensations of Powell” is the design for Powell as chosen by the design team at Flowerama.
Local Same Day & Express Delivery | Nationwide Same Day Flower Delivery
Hilltop Bear Hugs
Flowerama Columbus has been voted the best florist in Columbus. This is largely because we focus on high quality, value pricing, and convenient locations. We love what we do, and are proud of our reputation.
With four locations in central Ohio Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall we have grown to be recognized as an industry leader and is well respected across the country as one of the best flower shops in the country. Locally, Flowerama Columbus has been selected as a Consumers’ Choice winner seven out of the last 8 years. a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm.
Our team opened the very first location at the corner of Brice and Main Street in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on June 23, 1990. For the first five years of operation we were the highest volume Flowerama store in the country. Today we have three generations of family members and every single one has worked in the flower shops at one point of their lives.
In fact, at least one member from each generation is currently working in the flower shops in one way or another. After fulling their summer internship, some of our young generation designers often travel off to college many times returning to help us out during the peak holidays.
Flowerama Columbus offers four great locations where you can shop. However, if you prefer online shopping, we have made a large investment in our computer system allowing you the a user friendly environment to browse our products and then have them shipped any where in the country.
1600 Morse Road
Columbus, OH 43229
Get Directions »