Veterans Day is a federal holiday celebrated on November 11th. The reason for this date is that in 1918 on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, all major hostilities of World War I were formally ended. The day was originally termed Armistice Day and was created to celebrate the service of all U.S. military veterans. To honor a Veteran on this special day, shop with Flowerama Columbus for fresh and patriotic flower arrangements and floral products.
President Woodrow Wilson gave a great speech in 1919 during which he commended the men and women of the United States military. “To us in America the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service, and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of nations”.
Armistice Day and Remembrance Day are celebrated in other countries as a remembrance to the end of World War I. However in 1954, Veterans Day became the official name for our United States day to honor our military men and women. Veterans Day differs from Memorial Day. While both days honor our military, Memorial Day is designated to honor those who died while fighting for our country. Veterans Day is designated to honor all of the military folks who have served our country.
In case you are looking for some ways to honor a Veteran, in addition to a wonderful floral product from Flowerama Columbus, below is a short list of ideas.
- Donate Money – There are several organizations that support veterans and they can always use private donations.
- Donate frequent-flyer miles – For any of us that travel a lot for work or pleasure, perhaps you have accumulated some extra travel miles that you may not use. One organization that would love the free flyer miles is the Fisher House Foundation Hero Miles Program. They are dedicated to assisting family members with travel expenses so that they can be close to their loved one who may be ill or injured.
- Volunteer your skills – If you have knowledge of a trade or financial planning etc., veterans can benefit from your volunteer teaching.
- Veteran Speaker – Many veterans have wonderful and inspirational stories of over coming adversity and never giving up. Find one that enjoys speaking to other veterans.
- Hire a veteran – If you own a small business or are in a hiring position at a company, perhaps hire a veteran who is anxious to get out into the working world.
- Hire a veteran’s caregiver – Offering support to veteran’s families is so valuable. Plus many of these folks are incredible employees.
- Do business with a veteran-owned company – Astonishingly there are an estimated 27 million veteran owned small businesses in the U.S. These companies are run by the fine men and women that defended our country. You will find some of the most trustworthy services and quality products.
Wild At Heart Fall Bouquet – Send this extraordinary fall beauty to the wild one in your life! This gorgeous arrangement incorporates several textures, interesting flower placement and various wild accent flowers. This wild design features miniature roses, hydrangea, sunflowers and berries just to name a few.
Garden Promenade of Dublin – Want to really wow someone special, send them this beautiful garden promenade arrangement bursting with color!
Wild At Heart Bouquet
Grandview Heights Florist – Same Day Flower Delivery to Grandview Heights
Grandview Heights Ohio Florist
Unique, Artistic Flowers, Plants and Gifts
We are a local florist owned and operated by the Ozment family with four real brick and mortar flower shop locations near Grandview Heights. We Deliver in Grandview Heights everyday of the week including Sunday. If you need same day delivery or express delivery, we can make that happen. Since 1990 Flowerama has been the florist of choice for Grandview Heights and has won numerous awards for “Best Florist in Columbus” for over 10 years and counting. We also provide daily flower delivery to Grandview Heights businesses, Grandview Heights funeral homes, Grandview Heights schools, and Grandview Heights nursing homes.
Local Same Day & Express Flower Delivery | Nationwide Same Day Flower Delivery
Garden Promenade of Dublin
Flowerama Columbus is a locally owned and operated florist with four flower shop locations in the greater Columbus, OH area. We offer the best selection of farm fresh flowers, plants and gifts in town. Choose from local same-day or express flower delivery service. Flowerama Columbus has been voted “Best Florist in Columbus” on numerous occasions.
1600 Morse Road
Columbus, OH 43229
Get Directions »